Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Well, close enough anyway. The Pine Club is probably Dayton's most famous restaraunt--not that Dayton is some culinary mecca or anything. This dressing is traditionally served on an iceberg lettuce salad with grated carrot (boring). It's a shame, really, since the dressing is so good but that's why it's better to eat it at home on the salad of your choice. I like it over a green salad with blue cheese, apples/pears and toasted walnuts/pecans, it's good with pasta salad and it's also good on Isaac's broccoli salad. Serves approximately 8.

1 C vegetable/canola oil
3/4 C cider vinegar
1/3 C white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 scant tsp red pepper flakes

You can mix this one of two ways: either pour it all into a mason jar, put on the lid and shake the heck out of it or do it up with your stick blender. I recommend using the stick blender. Either way it's delicious. Refrigerate leftovers and note that it keeps pretty well. I think I had my last batch for 2-3 months before I finished it off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe