Berry Whole Wheat White Chocolate Drop Scones

I never have time for breakfast at home in the mornings, and these are a great thing to grab and eat on my way to work. The chocolate is nice in them, but I also think substituting nuts in the chocolate's place will be good, and I plan to try that the next time.
Watch them closely while they're baking, though. I burned the first batch.

from Grazing by Julie Van Rosendaal
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
1 c. milk
1 egg
1 c. fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries or blueberries (I used blueberries this time)
1/2 c. white chocolate (I used chips)

Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until well blended and crumbly. In a small bowl, stir together milk and egg; add to flour mixture. Stir until almost blended, then add berries and chocolate and stir gently until combined.
Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle tops with a little sugar if you want.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

mango soba update