Oatmeal bars

You can find the original recipe here, at The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I altered it based on what I had in the house, and also to add a little more fiber (which I need these days) in them. I think they're pretty adaptable, so use whatever you've got.

1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 c. white flour, 1/2 c. whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 sticks (regular, salted) butter, cut into pieces
1 10-12 ounce jar Apricot Preserves (I used apple butter)

Mix all ingredients except preserves. Press one half of the mixture into a buttered 8″ square (or small rectangular) pan. Spread with a 10-12 ounce jar of preserves. Sprinkle second half of mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes or until light brown. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

mango soba update