Black eyed pea salad

This is adapted from A Veggie Venture, based on what I had in the house. I'll be eating it for lunch this week, but I anticipate it also being good for potlucks and bbqs this summer. I also anticipate adding other things to the salad -- avocado, corn, etc.

Salad
16 ounces frozen black-eyed peas, cooked according to package directions
8 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
4 green onions, chopped
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (I bought some fancy pants "gourmet" package of heirloom cherry tomatoes)

VINAIGRETTE
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic (or some granulated garlic, which is what I used)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix the salad ingredients. Mix the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

mango soba update