Homemade ramen soup

This is not your 3-minute instant ramen soup with your month's intake of sodium. This is honest to goodness comfort food at its best.
Homemade.

You can do it any way you please, but here's how I made it.

First, I used probably 8 cups homemade chicken stock. I put it in a pan, and floated some ginger pieces in it while it came to a slow boil. (Next time, I'll grate the ginger so that we taste it more.) Once that was boiling, I added about 3 Tbsp. miso, and lowered to a simmer.

Next, I shredded some already-roasted chicken. Because I had it in the house, honestly. I also took some frozen corn, and sauteed it in butter. Because I read a blog that said I should do that.

Finally, I wanted some green in my soup. So I made this wilted spinach, and a lot of it, so I'd have leftovers for breakfast.

Oh, and I made a soft-boiled egg for Ernie -- 6 minutes, in the shell. Run under water and peel carefully. The yolk was still runny in the cooked white, which was very exciting for Ernie.

You can buy ramen noodles in any Asian market (I got mine in at the H-Mart, but I'm sure you can get them all over). Boiled them according to package.

Then all you have to do is assemble:
Noodles first
Whatever toppings you want (I recommend you not skip the corn)
Broth on top of that

Ernie and Katie both had soy sauce on top of theirs, to make it a little saltier. I did not. We all, however, slurped our noodles. And when Gaby had it at school for lunch on Monday, it was a happy, happy surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

mango soba update