I whipped up this Green Goddess dressing tonight with my immersion blender tonight. If you have a jar or tall container, you could use this method. Otherwise, pull out your food processor.
I think you could thin this out with some additional water to use as a creamy salad dressing, but I plan to use it as a condiment with roasted vegetables. It might also be good on top of grilled fish or chicken, perhaps. Warning - it does have a bite from the raw garlic scapes (similar to the bite of regular garlic). If you want to mellow that out, you could sautee the scapes first.
From: A Teaspoon of Spice
- 3/4 cup Greek non fat yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley (I used some Green Goddess dried spice mix from Penzey's)
- 2 garlic scapes, roughly chopped (or 1 garlic clove, peeled)
- 1/2 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon orange muscat vinegar(I used apple cider vinegar)
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Water (to thin dressing)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, add yogurt, parsley, garlic scapes, avocado, vinegar and lime juice. Process until smooth.
- For a thinner dressing, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process until at a desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.