- 12 ounces linguine (or whatever pasta you like, or whatever else needs sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (I skipped this and just used more milk)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped (I did not bother chopping; the immersion blender took care of it)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in milk, heavy cream, goat cheese and Parmesan until cheeses has melted, about 1-2 minutes. Add red peppers and puree with an immersion blender. Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
(This makes a lot of sauce; I also threw a can of drained chickpeas into the pasta.)
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.