I made these with Sunbutter so that I can send them in to school with P. I didn't make the whole 2-pancake with jelly in between sandwich thing, just the sunbutter pancakes. I also used white whole wheat flour and they turned out fine.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- jelly, jam or strawberry preserves (if you want to make a pancake "sandwich"
- 1. Whisk the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. In a separate bowl whisk the peanut butter, egg and sugar until combined, then whisk in the milk until incorporated.
- 3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (it’s okay if there are a few lumps).
- 4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil (Vegetable or Canola).
- 5. Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 6. Take a cooled pancake, spread 1-2 tbsps of jam on one side and top with the other pancake to make a sandwich.
- 7. Continue to do the same with the remaining pancakes and serve.