- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced [I used a regular onion]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk [I used 1%]
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg [more!]
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
- salt to taste [I will skip this next time; the cheese made it salty enough]
- 4.4 oz Boursin Light [I actually had some Laughing Cow swiss wedges that I'd intended to use, but I tasted the sauce before I added the cheese and thought it tasted great, so I skipped this]
- 16 oz bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of all moisture [I used 10 oz frozen and 6 oz fresh]
In a large saute pan, melt butter. Add shallots and garlic and cook on medium about 5 minutes. Add flour to shallots, mix well and cook one more minute.
Reduce heat to low and slowly add milk, whisking well.
Add parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well. Add boursin light and mix with until smooth.
[I added the fresh spinach here and wilted it, then added the thawed stuff.]
Add spinach and combine well with sauce, cook one minute, until heated through. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Makes 6 1/2 cups.
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 2/3 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 95.8 • Fat: 4.9 g • Protein: 5.9 g • Carb: 8.2 g • Fiber: 1.8 g