I also love the website it comes from, Gina's Skinny Recipes. She does great modifications, and includes WW points for every recipe.
- 6 oz no yolk noodles (you can use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest, or brown rice pasta for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, minced fine
- 3 tbsp flour (gluten free use rice flour)
- 1 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 oz sherry (optional) [I threw in some white wine]
- 10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar [I used 2% Cracker Barrel]
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese [yeah, you need more than that]
- 2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs [I used panko]
Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat
Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 9 x 12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.
Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined, increasing heat to medium and whisking well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. When boiling, add sherry, mushrooms and petite peas, adjust salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes). Add drained tuna, stirring another minute.
Remove from heat and add 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar and mix well until it melts. Add the noodles to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Pour into casserole and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray and top and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Place under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/6th • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 318 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 27.3 g • Carb: 34.3 g • Fiber: 3.6 g