Crockpot Apricot Chicken

Adapted from: A Year of Slow Cooking
What is it with apricot chicken recipes? Anyway - here's one for the crockpot! Had this for dinner tonight with leftover quinoa. I admit that I left mine in the cooker for too long, so mine was a bit dark in color and the sauce was beginning to burn around the edges. That aside, this was good, and super quick to throw together, and I can definitely see making it again in the crockpot I can set a timer on.

11 oz jar of apricot preserves
1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 to 1/2 t red chili flakes, optional (I used Aleppo, my new fave)
6 frozen chicken thighs or equivalent body parts (you could probably almost double the amt of chicken and still have enough sauce)

Drop the chicken into your crockpot. In a small bowl, mix all the other ingredients and pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, high for 4-5. If your chicken isn't frozen, cook for less time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe