I made these pancakes for Piper this week. She loves them. I tried to get SJ to eat them, too, by telling her they were Hulk pancakes, but she was having none of it. I ate a few, too. :)
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation1. In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.
*Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron following manufacturers directions.