Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken



This is one of the recipes that I was given when I signed up for a "Clean Eating Challenge Group" awhile back.  I liked it the first time, so I'm making it again!  The first time I followed the recipe as written.  This time I only had one can of diced tomatoes, so I added one can of crushed tomatoes as well.  I know that it will come out saucier than last time, but the flavor should be about the same.  I'm also starting with frozen chicken thighs this time, so I'm sure it will take longer to cook.  

Ingredients
·         4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
·         2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
·         1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
·         4 garlic cloves
·         1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn't have caramel coloring)
·         1 tbsp. olive oil
·         1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
·         1/2 tsp thyme
·         ground black pepper and salt to taste

Directions
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta OR spaghetti squash. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe