Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Well, close enough anyway. The Pine Club is probably Dayton's most famous restaraunt--not that Dayton is some culinary mecca or anything. This dressing is traditionally served on an iceberg lettuce salad with grated carrot (boring). It's a shame, really, since the dressing is so good but that's why it's better to eat it at home on the salad of your choice. I like it over a green salad with blue cheese, apples/pears and toasted walnuts/pecans, it's good with pasta salad and it's also good on Isaac's broccoli salad. Serves approximately 8.

1 C vegetable/canola oil
3/4 C cider vinegar
1/3 C white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 scant tsp red pepper flakes

You can mix this one of two ways: either pour it all into a mason jar, put on the lid and shake the heck out of it or do it up with your stick blender. I recommend using the stick blender. Either way it's delicious. Refrigerate leftovers and note that it keeps pretty well. I think I had my last batch for 2-3 months before I finished it off.

Comments

  1. This recipe sounds amazing! Definitely trying it on a broccoli salad next.
    Mezzanine floor manufacturer
    Dust Collector Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been to The Pine Club, and you're right—their dressing deserves more creative pairings!
    Pulse Jet Bag filter Manufacturer
    Multi Track Packing machine manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a dressing that lasts for months? Perfect for meal preppers like me!
    Pouch Packing machine Manufacturer
    Dust Collector for Plywood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue cheese and apple salad with this dressing? That sounds like a restaurant-quality dish at home.
    Shampoo Pouch Packing Machine
    Tunnel Ventilation system

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the stick blender tip! I always struggle with emulsifying dressings.
    Sauce pouch packing machine
    Industrial Exhaust Fans

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red pepper flakes must add a nice kick! I’m all about that little bit of spice.
    Portable Dust Collector Manufacturer
    liquor pouch packing machine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple ingredients, big flavor. I love recipes like this!
    mayonnaise-pouch-packaging-machine
    Wood Dust Collector

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iceberg lettuce is so old school—thanks for suggesting other salads to try this with!
    Powder packing Machine
    Axial Flow Fans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:30 AM

    Pasta salad with this dressing? Genius! I never thought of that.
    Evaporative Cooler Manufacturer
    Tea Pouch packing machine manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isaac’s broccoli salad sounds intriguing. Do you have a recipe for it too?
    Paint Booth Manufacturer
    Shrink packing machine manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dressing + toasted pecans = perfection. Can't wait to try it!
    Shrink wrapping machine manufacturer
    Fume Scrubber Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mason jars for the win! I love how easy they make dressing prep.
    Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer
    automatic l sealer manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red pepper flakes in salad dressing? Bold move, but I’m here for it!
    l sealer manufacturer
    Cyclone Dust Collector manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if honey could replace the sugar for a twist. Thoughts?
    Mezzanine floor manufacturer in delhi
    Industrial Storage Rack india

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m glad to hear this dressing keeps well; no waste is a win in my book.
    cantilever rack manufacturer
    Modular Mezzanine floor in India

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you think this would work as a marinade for chicken?
    Heavy duty racks in delhi
    Warehouse rack in noida

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m adding pears to my grocery list just to try this combo!
    spare parts rack Manufacturer
    cable tray in india

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Pine Club should start bottling this dressing—it’d sell like crazy!
    Office Furniture Manufacturer Noida
    Truck Loading Conveyor

    ReplyDelete
  20. Garlic powder makes everything better. This recipe is proof.
    Cleated Conveyor Manufacturer
    Staff locker in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  21. The balance of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors sounds divine.
    Shrink tunnel manufacturer
    Manual Dust Collector Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Mississippi Pot Roast