Oven Roasted Radishes

So, roasting saves the day again. I am not a radish lover, and we keep getting radishes in the CSA every week. I can force down a few sliced up in green salads, but beyond that... not so much. So, today I went looking for alternative ways to eat them, and found a bunch of people roasting them. The bitter flavor mellows a bit and they get all brown and flavorful.

No real recipe - just roast as you would any other root vegetable. I cut the tops and bottoms off, halved them, tossed with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and then roasted in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes or so. Or, rather, that's what you should do. I forgot about mine and cooked them a little too long, so mine are a little softer and darker than I'd like, but they're still good. Just keep an eye on yours - the cooking time will depend on how big your pieces are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe