How to Freeze Zucchini

I'm just starting to get zucchini in my farm share, but we got about 5 this week and we're leaving for vacation before I'm going to be able to use it all. I could give it away, but I thought I would see if I could freeze it to use in breads or muffins later.

I searched and found different ways to prep it for freezing, but this way seems like it has the best potential. All of the other methods involved steaming it first, which seems like you would be freezing limp watery shreds that would get even worse with freezing.

This is Julia Child's method for freezing, which is simply shredding, salting, draining and then freezing in 1-cup portions. I can't report back on the final verdict right now but I'll report back after I actually use the frozen product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe