White Peach Sangria

How is it that we did not have a single recipe for sangria on here? Well, I am going to rectify that right now.

Adapted from Sunset.com.

1 bottle (750 ml) Reisling (I recommend Fetzer--usually about $8)
2 firm white peaches or nectarines
1/2 C peach frozen juice concentrate (I used peach/orange/mango)
1 bottle (750 ml) chilled sparkling white wine, brut-style (I used Cook's--$5)
handful of mint leaves

Mix together reisling, juice concentrate, peaches and mint and chill in fridge for at least 2 hrs prior to serving. When guests arrive, add in bottle of sparkling wine, stir gently and serve immediately over ice. It's crisp and refreshing! Serves approx. 4-6 depending on how big your glasses are and how much ice you use.

*Note: original recipe calls for peach schnapps but I don't keep that on hand and I think the drink was plenty alcoholic and fruity enough without it. If you prefer, add 1/2 C schnapps and omit juice concentrate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe