- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken sausage, or a blend of the two
- green/red/yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained, plus a chopped fresh tomato or two if you have some to use up
- some beans, equaling about two cans -- black, kidney, white, pinto, whatever
- 2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- a bag of frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder and/or a couple adobo chiles with some sauce
- pepper, cumin, garlic powder
Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in everything else.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, etc.