Shrimp newburg

My parents found this recipe somewhere, and made it for us the last time we were visiting. It meets all three critera I use when cooking: It's quick, it's tasty and Gaby eats it.
Here it is, as he sent it to me, with my notes in parens.

2 lbs cooked shrimp (I used the frozen, already cooked ones)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used the healthy choice low sodium/low fat kind)
8 oz cream cheese (I used non fat here, too)
1/2 cup chopped onion (or one small onion)
1/4 cup milk
2 glugs cooking sherry (ummm...probably about 1/4 to 1/3 c.)
1 tbs thyme
2 tbs butter/margarine

Melt butter in pan and add onion. Cook until onion is soft. Add soup, milk and sherry. Cook until combined. Add shrimp and thyme. Bring to boil. Add cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted and ingredients are thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta (or egg noodles).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe