Chicken soup

It occurs to me there are many ways to make chicken soup from scratch, but here is the way I do it, and it's pretty foolproof.

1 whole chicken, liver, etc. removed
12 c. water
2-3 whole carrots, cut into 3 pieces
1-2 onions, peeled and left whole
1-2 stalks celery, cut into 3 pieces

Put all of it in the pot. Bring to boil, skim off the scum/foam that collects on top. Reduce to simmer and cook for 2 hours. Remove chicken and set aside. Remove vegetables and toss.
At this point, I add 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes. I pull the chicken off the bone and add it back to the broth, along with whatever vegetables (usually baby carrots, chopped, onions and celery).
I cook my noodles on the side, because I have issues with them sucking up all the broth. Also good if you want to make matzo ball soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe