Spinach orzo salad

I bought a box of orzo and a bag of pre-washed spinach at the store a few weeks ago, to make for a bbq at J's house. I ended up not making it for the bbq, but made it before we went camping instead.
I left out the feta the first time I made this recipe, because we were going to be without refrigeration. I'd advise you use the feta, because it needed a little bit of salty. Also, I added a can of olives, which I chopped, because it seemed like a good idea.

1 (16 ounce) package uncooked orzo pasta
1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
1 can olives, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or a handful of fresh)
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, olives, onion, pine nuts, basil and
white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe