Banana bread of sincere repentance

Due to circumstances the details of which are now lost to time, I once pissed off a woman in my Arlington neighborhood and needed to make amends. I sought the advice of the sage and amicable Gwen. We decided that a loaf of homemade banana bread was in order and this is the fabulous recipe she provided.

6T of softened butter
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 med. mashed bananas
1 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
nuts/chocolate/coconut

(In my most recent loaf, I used 8 T butter because I'm asking for heart disease, 4 large bananas because I'm trying to whittle the quantity of bananas in my freezer to a manageable number, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste because I consider it cheating if my spice cabinet gets ignored when I'm in the kitchen. I also used bread flour because that's what I had on hand and added an extra tsp of baking powder because my butt told me that a rising agent is what all purpose flour has that bread flour doesn't. (??) Due solely to availability in my house, chocolate and coconut went in, nuts stayed out. I was very happy with the results and have been single-handedly polishing off the entire loaf.)

preheat oven to 350
cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth
stir in mashed banana
stir together flour baking powder and salt in separate bowl
fold dry ingredients into batter until just blended
stir in nuts/choc/coconut
grease 9x5 loaf pan
bake about 1 hr (golden on top, clean toothpick)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe