spicy chicken rub

(Ew, that sounds DIRTY, that's what she said, etc. etc.)

:)

I am now officially Trying to Eat More Protein, so I started off by roasting a whole chicken tonight, which I have never done before. It wasn't as challenging as a turkey, and it turned out really well. I won't copy out the Bittman recipe I used because I think it's pretty basic, and also that most normal people have roasted chickens before, but here is a spice rub I found online somewhere that really made it delicious.

1/2 t of the following:
salt
ground black pepper
dried oregano
dried basil
paprika

1/4 t cayenne

Mix with 6 T olive oil. Before baking, I rubbed it under the skin and drizzled half of it on the potatoes and parsnips and garlic roasting beside the chicken; after the first 20 minutes at the high temperature, I flipped the chicken and poured the rest of it on top. Dee-licious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU? Chicken with bones in?
This is funny!

Coincidentally, I roasted a chicken tonight, only I used smittenkitchen's recipe. As I was eating dinner, (yum) I thought of you and how you'd probably be grossed out by it and how I'm so impressed by how you're gradually leaning more and more veg...but instead, here you are, roasting a bird. funny.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe