Carrot (or Broccoli) and Raisin Salad

From: Serious Eats

This is an old-fashioned kind of veggie side dish, but healthy and delicious. As much as I love carrots (yum!), I had a bag of TJ's organic broccoli slaw that I wanted to use up, so I just used that instead. I also used some frozen TJ's pineapple tidbits, which I thawed before adding. It created enough pineapple juice during thawing to add to the sauce.

4 cups shredded carrot
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and liquid reserved
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted and cooled completely
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt

1 In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrot, pineapple solids, pecans, and raisins.

2 In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice with all the yogurt, sugar, and salt. Stir until no lumps are left.

3 Add yogurt mixture into carrot mixture. Stir thoroughly to combine. Let sit a few hours in refrigerator so flavors can meld, though you can serve immediately if desired. Serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe