The chocolate chips are optional and the pancakes are delicious both ways; we did half and half last night. From Skinnytaste, with some variations.
- 1 cup unbleached white or white whole wheat flour [I did half whole wheat and half white whole wheat]
- 1 tsp baking powder [I took this down from 2 t]
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large banana, ripe, mashed well
- 1 cup 1% milk [skim worked fine]
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla [I upped this from 1 t]
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips [I used big chunks; the technique of placing them individually on the top of each pancake worked well]
Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over-mix.
Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat, spray with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips in each pancake.
When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.