This was very quick to throw together in the crockpot. I only used 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice (I missed the "2" part, apparently). The final dish had a lot of liquid in it, which is fine because you can spoon it over rice or pasta, or soak it up with some tasty bread. However, I think that this dish would probably also have enough liquid if you drained some or all of the liquid out of the tomatoes, too. I thought this dish had a lot of flavor - very tasty!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces), fresh or frozen
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (I sliced them thinly)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn't have caramel coloring)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours for fresh chicken (or closer to 6 hours if chicken is frozen), serve over angel hair pasta or rice.
Yields 10 Cups | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 190 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 4 | Fat: 6g | Saturated fat: 1 g | Trans fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg | Sodium: 121 mg | Carbohydrate: 5 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 3 g | Protein 26 g