roast chicken

I keep tweaking the way I roast chicken, and I reinvent the wheel every time when I can't remember what oven temperature to use and how long it should bake etc. etc., so I'm writing it down here. (This is the recipe I always look at online but don't follow exactly.)

Oven at 425.

Chop a bunch of veggies -- carrots, onion, potatoes, celery, fennel -- and spread them in a single layer in a 9x13 glass dish. Add in many sprigs of thyme. Toss with salt, pepper, olive oil.

Wash the chicken (ideally about 4 lb.) inside and out. Place it with drumsticks down in the dish. Cut a lemon in half and put it inside the chicken along with more sprigs of thyme. Melt 2 T butter or Earth Balance and pour it over the chicken. More salt and pepper.

Put it in the oven for 55 minutes, then check to make sure top isn't burning. Back in for 25 more minutes and check temp inside. When it's 170, it's done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe