Pomegranate Soup

I found an article on NPR.org that talked about pomegranates. At the bottom of the post were three recipes, including one for pomegranate soup. We made it last night, and it turned out really well. Geoff made several remarks about how good it was, and we're likely to make it again before they go out of season in January.

A word to the wise: As the article says, pomegranates are a "labor-intensive fruit." It takes a little time to get the seeds out of the darned thing, but the reward is worth it. Look to the sidebar for hints on how to seed it without too much of a mess.

Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6411097

FYI: We seeded two pomegranates, and got about 2 cups of seeds. We still have some leftover, after making the soup. I think Geoff is going to put them on his salads this week.

Comments

Unknown said…
You know, you can buy just the seeds. I saw them in the Asian market I always shop in, just this week. I didn't buy any, because I couldn't figure out what I'd do with them.
Anonymous said…
Read the Pomegranate Soup by Marsha Mehran. The recipie for "Pomegranate Soup" and Red Lentil Soup are amazing and easy to make

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe