Crockpot mexican chicken

When Becky and I were on our way back from Baldwin on Friday, we were talking (what else?) food.
She shared this recipe with me and since I don't see it on the blog, I'm putting it up here. I didn't believe her completely when she said how good it was, but I trust Becky's taste in food, so I tried it.
She's right, it's that good. And easy.

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can corn (I used the no-salt kind)
1 can black beans
1 jar medium (or hot) salsa

Put the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker. Dump all the other stuff (don't drain) on top. Cook on low for at least 5 hours. I cooked mine for 9 hours, Becky says she sometimes cooks it for 11 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks.
Serve on tortillas with other taco fixings, if you like. Or eat it out of the crockpot, which I'm not ashamed to admit I just did.
We'll be eating it later this week in taco salads (with baked taco shells).

Comments

Alissa said…
That recipe is very similar to my crockpot chicken recipe, which I thought was on here... way back when. I use a can of corn, then chicken breasts, sprinkle with a package of taco seasoning, then a jar of salsa, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, a can of kidney beans. Basically the same thing, but I bulk mine up with more veggies and beans. I also throw in a diced pepper if I have any around. It always turns out great.
Alissa said…
lol. I found it - April 2005. Shannon- you commented that corn juice is icky. :)
Unknown said…
Corn juice is icky. :) I drained most of the stuff in my can out, although Becky says you're supposed to leave it in there.
Becky said…
For the leftovers, I recommend putting some in a bowl, adding some chicken broth, then microwaving. It makes for a good soup.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe