Beef Bulgogi

Have I mentioned that I got a new wok for Christmas? A real, cast-iron wok that I am having a lot of fun cooking with these days.
In an attempt to look for more things to cook in the wok, I stumbled across this recipe. I usually buy marinated beef at the Korean market down the road from our house -- I'll never do that again, this was much, much better. Especially with some kimchi.

Adapted from a recipe found on Serious Eats

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon mirin
1/2 medium onion, grated
1-2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound rib eye, thinly sliced

Add the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, mirin, onion, garlic, ginger, and black pepper to a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Toss in the meat, cover, and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat a cast iron pan or a wok to high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade, and then toss in the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until nicely browned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe