Chocolate Ganache

This weekend I made Kelly's Guinness Chocolate Cake recipe (posted on this site) for my dad's birthday. Smitten Kitchen has a nearly-identical Chocolate Stout Cake recipe. I used the chocolate ganache from Smitten Kitchen's recipe, because I thought my dad would like it with the touch of coffee in the ganache. All around winner. VERY moist chocolate cake, and the ganache was delicious. Definitely making this cake again sometime. There was nothing left to bring back home. But this ganache would be excellent on almost any chocolate cake, and it was super easy and ready in just a couple of minutes.

Ingredients:

6 ounces good semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules

Melt the chocolate, heavy cream, and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over the top of cooled cake.

Comments

Kelly said…
We ended up giving cake to our very gracious birthday party hosts (and wonderful friends) and our next-door neighbors, leaving only a small fraction of cake for ourselves. It is so good that you will eat it all if you don't get it out of your house. I'm feeling inspired to use ganache next time in lieu of the cream cheese frosting.
Kelly said…
We ended up giving cake to our very gracious birthday party hosts (and wonderful friends) and our next-door neighbors, leaving only a small fraction of cake for ourselves. It is so good that you will eat it all if you don't get it out of your house. I'm feeling inspired to use ganache next time in lieu of the cream cheese frosting.
Alissa said…
um, yeah. I WISH there was some left. I got a small slice at my dad's party... and that's it. I don't want to make a whole new one just for us... but I really want some more of that cake.

The ganache was GOOD. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe