Egg salad with lemon and capers

I think I've mentioned before that Ernie loves capers. I think he'd eat them right out of the jar if he thought about it -- and now that I've written this, he probably will.
I ran across a recipe the other day for egg salad with capers, and knew he'd love it for lunch. He did.
Again, this is my adaptation. And I didn't really measure anything, because that would involve getting measuring spoons out and sometimes I'm very, very lazy. You can find the original recipe here.

6 or 8 hardboiled eggs (we used 8, because that's what I had)
lemon juice
mayo (plain yogurt would work here, too)
salt
pepper
capers


Dice the hardboiled eggs, however you like them for egg salad. I like to smash the yolks a little bit. Put in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice and mayo. I used about 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. mayo. Add mayo mixture to the eggs. Add about 2-3 Tbsp. capers (depending on how much you like them) and mix all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe