Monday, December 27, 2010

Doneen's Baked Oatmeal

Ok, this recipe was originally from my mom's employee, Doneen. I've made it many times as is, but this morning I doctored it up a bit. I'll put my additions in italics.

1/4 C. oil or applesauce (I used homemade applesauce I had canned)
1/2 C. sugar (I used half white sugar and half brown sugar)
1 egg
1.5 C. quick oats (I used old fashioned oats)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. raisins, soaked first in hot water, then drained
dash of nutmeg
dash of allspice
dash of cinnamon
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced


Preheat oven to 350.

Cream oil (or applesauce), sugar and egg. Add oats, baking powder, salt, milk, raisins, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon; mix well.

Spray an 8" baking dish with non-stick spray, or grease with butter. Place diced apples in the baking dish. Pour oatmeal mixture over apples in the baking dish.

Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with milk.

2 comments:

gwen said...

Mm, I love baked oatmeal. I always think of it as a Lancaster thing even though I know people eat it everywhere...

Alissa said...

Did you try this one?
http://foodgoodness.blogspot.com/2010/10/cranberry-apple-baked-oatmeal.html

I think I liked that one better than Doneen's baked oatmeal. Although this one is good, too. I guess you can never have too many baked oatmeal recipes.