One point Asian soup

This is a Weight Watchers recipe, which I modified slightly from Veggie Venture. She says it's either one point or zero points, depending on how you choose to identify it.
I tasted it after it finished cooking, and it's really, really good. I'm going to stick it in the freezer for easy lunches for the next two weeks, when I'll need a break from all the holiday overindulgence.
(Plus, I'm going to be counting points for real in just a few weeks, so I'm going to need recipes like this in my back pocket!)

6 cups vegetable broth (I used 6 cups water and vegetable Better than Bouillon)

2 cups bok choy, chopped
2 cups Chinese/Napa cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced and julienned (they somehow didn't have ginger in the store when I went last week, so I bought this ginger puree in a tube. I just squirted some in)
4 oyster mushrooms, sliced thin (they didn't have any oyster mushrooms either. I threw in a whole container of white button mushrooms, washed and sliced for me)
1 bunch green onions, sliced
8 ounce can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 red pepper, halved, cored, each half cut into three sections lengthwise, each section sliced thin cross-wise (omitted, because I forgot this in the store)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this is spicy, cut down if you don't want it so spicy)
2 cups snow peas
Bean sprouts (I don't know how many, I used the whole bag)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
miso paste (optional -- I used this per a commentor's suggestion, but you don't have to)

Collect all the vegetables except the snow peas and bean sprouts in a cold large pot or Dutch oven. When those vegetables are prepped, add the hot water, cover and bring to a boil on medium high. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and snow peas, cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and 1 tsp. miso paste)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe