Pork and apples

Truth is, we haven't been make a lot of earth-shattering recipes lately. Sometimes we fall back on old favorites -- like braised short ribs -- and other times we just fall back on quick and easy. This seems to be the season of quick and easy.
Lucky for me, I got a couple new cookbooks for my birthday, and so I'm back in the kitchen. With quick and easy.

This is adapted from the "Crockpot Slow Cooker Best-Loved Recipes," which Gaby and Katie picked out for my birthday.

4-6 boneless pork chops
4-5 medium apples, sliced (the recipe calls for Golden Delicious, but I used gala)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Place pork in crockpot. Cover with apples. Combine brown sugar and salt in a small bowl; sprinkle over apples. Cover; cook on low for 6-8 hours. (definitely 8 if you start with frozen pork, like me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe