Pecan Praline Topping

I wanted to make something as an extra special thank you to some of our friends who gifted us with spectacularly awesome gifts at our housewarming party and I thought the Maple Syrup Spice Cake would be just the thing. Topped with this recipe for Walnut Praline Topping from Joy the Baker.

I could have made the pear spice cake since I have pears in the fridge but honestly it was more work and dirty dishes than I had time for today. Also, the maple syrup cake is actually not very sweet so this topping is perfect for it. And it is heaven. I used toasted pecans because I think they go really well with this particular recipe. And it's so good I have to stop myself from cutting one more tiny piece. Also, this is not vegan in any way so if you are serving the cake which is vegan, well, keep that in mind.

1 stick butter
3/4 C packed brown sugar (I used dark)
1/4 C cream
1 C toasted pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped

Combine butter, brown sugar and cream in a medium saucepan on medium-hi heat and bring to a boil. Allow to boil 3 minutes then stir in nuts. Pour over cake and serve warm or at room temp. A perfect fall dessert to take to the office or eat for breakfast or to say thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe