- 2 heads or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets
- several scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (can use fat-free)
- salt & pepper
- dash of red pepper & nutmeg
- 3/4 c (3 oz.) shredded cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar & gruyere)
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute. Drain well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and spices. Stir in broccoli, scallions and cheese.
Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.