Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-dried Tomatoes

 Sad to say that my last post was in 2015 but I'm super excited to be able to post today. This recipe, by Giada De Laurentiis, came from a recipe exchange party I hosted for my co-workers back in 2015. It is quite good and I have made it a few times since then. We're having it this week so I'm posting the recipe here. Receipe as written serves 4 but I am doubling so I have plenty of leftovers for lunches. 

1/2 C plain breadcrumbs (I use panko)

1/3 C chopped fresh parsley (I omit this)

1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes in oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 large eggs, room temp and lightly beaten

1/4 C olive oil

1/2 C crumbled feta

1.5 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground, of course)

1 lb ground turkey

Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9 x 5 non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray. Conversely, spray a muffin tin. In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except turkey. Add turkey and mix gently. Avoid overworking meat. Pack meat into prepared pan or muffin tin and bake until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F - about 40-ish minutes if using a loaf pan. Sooner if using a muffin tin. Allow meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with some green veg (asparagus is divine with this) and mashed potatoes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe