G*nette's potato salad

This is from an old friend of Alissa's. She is French, I think; is this potato salad also French? I don't know, but I made it for a barbeque yesterday and was reminded how great it is...

Cook -- uh -- some potatoes, but make sure they're not too soft. (Or they can be too soft and it's still good, with a more mushy consistency I actually like a lot)

Make vinaigrette:

- 3 parts olive oil to one part vinegar (balsamic, white wine, etc.)
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs -- oregano, parsley and/or whatever smells good
- 1 t. dry or dijon mustard for every 1 c oil
- green onions (regular onions or onion powder also works if you don't have any green)

Make enough dressing to cover potatoes, but not so much that it's leftover on the bottom of the bowl. After potatoes are cooked, let them cool just a little and pour the dressing over. If you wait too long, the dressing won't be absorbed.

Comments

Alissa said…
lol. Your rendition of the recipe cracks me up. "cook some potatoes..." :)

Ginette is French Canadian, but I think she also has Swiss citizenship? Something like that. Anyway, I think this is the kind of potato salad she grew up with, so it must be from one of those backgrounds. I love her potato salad. Yum. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi gwen1234,

Iv'e been looking for great content like this,
it's hard to find some times ;-)
Your post G*nette's potato salad was an awesome read!
Thanks!

I'm building an article site on food.
( LOTS more than just a cooking site! )
I have all kinds of articles so far,
like french cooking , just as an example.
If the mood strikes you, stop by, K?
I'm at: http://www.letscooktogether.net
Maybe we can talk about swapping some content :-D

Thanks again for the read!!
Brad.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe