Tasty guacamole

This recipe came to me via Tara, who got it out of a Barefoot Contessa cookbook. It can be easily halved. Ernie and I ate most of it (the halved amount) last night while watching tv.

4 ripe Haas avocados
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
8 dashes Tabasco sauce (or use a Mexican hot sauce. I honestly forgot it last night completely, and it was still good.)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped

Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic and salt and pepper; toss with a wooden spoon.
Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until
they are finely diced. (I actually just mashed it with my hands until it was the consistency I liked) Add the tomatoes and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings as needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe