Lentil Sausage Soup

A recipe I saw Ina Garten make on "Barefoot Contessa."

I'll just point you to this website for the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_35606,00.html?rsrc=search

Some notes:

1. I used a 5-quart pot, and wished I had something bigger to cook it in. I had to hold off on adding 1 quart of chicken broth until it had cooked down some.

2. We chopped only 2 onions, instead of 3, and that was plenty for us. I wish we'd chopped a third leek, though. I think ours were kind of small.

3. We made one recipe of this, and even though we each had healthy helpings last night, the two of us could probably eat this for the next 3 days. In other words, this one recipe will make a lot of soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe