Chana Dal

I started with the recipe found here, and since I'm never content to not tinker with things, I adapted it a little.

2 cups (uncooked) chana dal (dried, split chick peas)
6 cups water
1 large onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 box frozen spinach
2 tablespoons garam masala1
salt to taste

Preparation:

Simmer dal until tender (it took me about 45 minutes). Purée part of it (I used my immersion blender here). Carmelize onion in a bit of olive oil. Add garam masala and simmer a bit more. Add onions to dal.
I plan to eat it over couscous and basmati rice.

Comments

gwen said…
That sounds good. I need to try some of those split chick peas the next time we go back to that market...

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe