Honey Blueberry Muffin Bread

This is a recipe that my MIL makes quite frequently in summer (but can be made at any time with frozen or dried blueberries). It makes a lot and it's good to eat at breakfast or to nibble on as a snack. It's not terribly sweet but still tasty.

2 eggs
2 C milk
1/2 C veg oil
1/4 C honey
1/2 t. salt
6 t. baking powder
4 C AP flour
1 C blueberries** (I always use more than that)

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT berries by hand in a large bowl. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in blueberries. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and pour in batter. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 min. (depends on your oven).

**if using frozen berries batter will take on a blue tinge the more you stir. It still tastes good anyway.

Comments

Alissa said…
Yay. Hi, Kelly!
Kelly said…
Can't wait to try your tilapia recipe. Sounds yummy:>
Unknown said…
Hi Kelly!

Made this today, and it was super easy and really good! I used half wheat, half white flour, and threw in some blackberries, too, because I didn't have enough blueberries.
So, so good. (I made Gwen take a bunch home with her, because it does make A LOT)
Anonymous said…
And, I might add, it is GOOD. I just had a slice toasted with blackberry jam... yum.

Yay for Kelly on the blog!
Kelly said…
Yay! I'm glad everyone likes it. It does make a lot but that just means you have plenty to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe