Waldorf chicken salad

First an introduction, then a recipe. My friend from college, Kate, is going to be joining the food blog. She's living in Scotland with her husband, so I'm betting recipes come across in metrics. I'll link to a handy converter on the side where we keep our food blog links.
So yay! Welcome Kate.
Also, I believe we may be getting a few more food bloggers shortly.

And now, for the recipe. I made this Monday night when Gwen came to the house, and it was really good. It was a pretty tangy dressing -- at first, I thought I might leave out the lemon next time, but when I ate the leftovers yesterday, it had melded pretty well. Maybe this is a recipe to make one day, eat the next.
We ate this with mini croissants and roasted brussel sprouts (some olive oil, salt, garlic, roasted for 20 minutes at 400), but it'd also be good in a wrap for lunch.

Waldorf Chicken Salad

Originally found here

3/4 cups Greek-style yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon minced thyme
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I used the breast from a rotisserie chicken from the new grocery store near my house)
1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
3/4 cup diced Granny Smith Apple (I used a sweet apple, because that's what I had in the house. It was a good contrast in tastes)
fresh ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and thyme until smooth. Add chicken, grapes, walnuts and apples - toss to combine. Season to taste with pepper.
Serve however you like. It was good with croissants, probably better in a wrap.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the introduction, Shannon. And hello everyone else! Very wise to post a conversion chart. Unfortunately most of my recipes will be in metric, but where possible I'll try to convert them before putting them on here. The next week is going to be a bit busy with my brother over from the States, but after his visit, I'll let you know which of my dishes went down well and start posting some recipes!
文章 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe