Grape Salsa

From Sunset, September 1999

I used red seedless grapes and served it with baked tilapia and japonica rice tonight. It was pretty quick to make and was very flavorful.

Green grapes are particularly attractive and fresh-looking in this mixture. If making up to 4 hours ahead, cover and chill. Serve with grilled fish, chicken, pork, ham or lamb.

1.) Rinse 2 C. of seedless grapes and cut in half or quarters
2.) In a bowl, mix the grapes with 3 T. lime juice, 2 T. thinly sliced green onions, 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro, 1 T. minced fresh ginger, and 1-2 T. minced jalapeno.

That's it. Mix throughly and then spoon over fish.

Comments

gwen said…
Yum. Two questions:

a) what is japonica rice?

b) how long did you bake the fish, and at what temperature? Whenever I try to bake fish, it gets dry and weird.
Anonymous said…
Very dark, almost black rice that tastes amazing.

Lundberg Family Farms (the brand I buy at Safeway) describes it this way:
"Juicy with a nutty, mushroom-like flavor energized with an exotic sweet spiciness, brought to you exclusively from Lundberg Family Farms®. A good-looking whole grain brown rice blend of short grain black rice and medium grain mahogany rice originates from Japanese seeds."

I always have to consult better homes and gardens cooking times and temp pages for anything I put in the oven. I have a mental block against the memorization of such facts. It baked for 12 minutes, but I can't remember the temp off the top of my head. I'll tell you when we're on the phone and I'm downstairs.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe