Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies

From: Culinary in the Country

* Culinary says the recipe is adapted from the King Arthur Flour cookbook, which I do not own, but have been told is a great resource.

I made this as a test cookie for our wedding cookie bar. I just recently started eating peanut butter (I know, it's bizarre). Needless to say, I have had very few peanut butter cookies in my life, and usually only by accident because they didn't have the tell-tale fork markings. So, I knew I needed a peanut butter-type cookie, and I went searching on some of my favorite food blogs. Here's what I came up with. Apparently they are "more peanuty" than most typical PB cookies, which made my foodie coworker suggest skipping the peanut butter chips, but I think I will leave them in. She said it made her want a glass of milk, but I don't think that's such a bad thing.

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups chopped dry-roasted salted peanuts
1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined after each. Add the flour mixture, nuts and chips - stir until combined.

Scoop the mixture using a tablespoon cookie scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets and slightly flatten them. Bake until the centers are set and the edges are golden, about 12 to 14 minutes (12 minutes was recommended by Culinary). Remove and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 60 cookies. Seems to freeze well.

Comments

gwen said…
These are my cookie assignment for the wedding, right? Yum, I am excited to taste the batter. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe