Curry Dip

I just finished off the last of this dip, which I made for my out-of-town guests this weekend. I think it went over well, despite my initial mishaps with the amount of curry, and the subsequent run to the store for more ingredients to right the wrongs of over-spicing. We ate this on pita chips and also on bagels. Yum. Maybe could also be a creative sandwich spread? I'm not sure what else would go with it..... It would probably also be a good veggie dip.

1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1-2 tsp. curry powder ***
1-2 tsp. ground ginger
1 small can of crushed pineapple, mostly drained

Mix all ingredients together. Let stand in the fridge for awhile to meld the flavors before serving.

My notes: I started with 2 full teaspoons of sweet curry powder, and 2 tsp of ginger, and it was WAY too much curry. It was bad. I then had to go back and double all the other ingredients to "fix" it. So, I would suggest starting with 1 tsp of curry powder, and then adjust up if you want to add more after tasting. The pineapple is the small tuna-can size (not sure how many ounces that is).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I didn't see this dip during its "too much curry" phase, but the finished product was soooo delicious. Mm.

So how is sweet curry different from regular curry? I'm not sure I've ever seen sweet curry before...
Alissa said…
I don't know what the difference is. Come to Penzy's with me and you can smell all the different types. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe