Cheesy Beer Bread

Look at this, me cooking like I had my act together or something.
This bread was really good. We've still got half a loaf of it, and I'm resisting the urge to go eat it all right this moment.
Only thing I would add is that next time I might use even more cheese. Because you can never have too much cheese.

Adapted from Annie's Eats

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (or more!)
12 oz. beer (we used a really light beer...next time I'll use an ale or dark beer)
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9×5” loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine well. Add cheese and whisk to combine. Slowly add beer to dry ingredients and stir lightly until just combined, and all ingredients are completely moistened. Place into a prepared loaf pan and pour melted butter over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Comments

Kelly said…
This was a great recipe and it went perfectly with the turkey chili I made. Definitely use a lager or a darker beer for this. Also, I could taste the brown sugar so next time I am going to cut it back to 2 tbs. I might increase the garlic powder just a smidge, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe