1 cup snow peas, coarsely chopped [I used more, and sugar snap and snow peas together]
1-2 tbs. fresh ginger, minced
1 chili pepper, crushed [I used some Thai chili garlic sauce instead]
1 onion, chopped
1/2 lb tofu, cubed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup soy sauce [I used less than this, and added about 2T of honey]
1/3 cup lime juice
4 tablespoons cilantro or coriander, chopped
8 ounces rice vermicelli1. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and add the snow peas, ginger, chili pepper, stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
2. Stir in the tofu and stir fry for a couple more minutes. [I used leftover tofu that had been pan-fried separately]
3. Blend the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk and cilantro. [I waited until the end for the cilantro]
4. Pour over vegetables and remove from heat.
5. Cook the rice vermicelli in boiling water. [why would you not do this at the same time as you're stir-frying the veggies? I can't see a reason to wait]
6. Drain and serve the sauce over the vermicelli.
7. Garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves.