Old Standby: Heather's Peanut Noodles

Sorry I'm late to this game. I was out of the country for awhile.

So, Heather showed me how to make this once, and I may have butchered her original instructions, but this is the way I now make it. I think it's close to her version. I often make this when I can't find anything else to make, but sometimes I get into a phase where this is all I want to eat for lunch every day for a week.

1. Cook some soba noodles. Sometimes I throw in some veggies with the noodles, such as broccoli or zucchini. Red peppers would be good if you like them (I don't personally).
2. While noodles are cooking, make peanut sauce. Start with a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter. Add a splash of vinegar (rice wine or balsamic work well), a splash of soy sauce, a dash of red pepper flakes, dash of garlic powder, dash of ground ginger, and a bit of honey.
3. Drain most of the water from the noodles. I usually save just a touch of water to thin the peanut sauce. Add the peanut sauce to hot noodles. As you stir, the heat and residual water will thin the peanut sauce and make it easier to coat the noodles. Add in any other veggies you want. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

The whole thing takes about 10 minutes and it's very tasty. You can mix it up by adding different veggies or leftover proteins.

Comments

Anonymous said…
aw! I remember that day you and todd stopped by our apartment in c-ville. Though I can't guarantee it, I think that sauce was a Molly Katzen creation. Glad to know it's still working for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe